Search This Blog

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Precious Death

April 1

(Psalms 116:7-9 NIV) "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you. {8} For you, O Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, {9} that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living."

(Psalms 116:15-17 NIV) "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints. {16} O Lord, truly I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your maidservant; you have freed me from my chains. {17} I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the Lord."

(Romans 7:24 NIV) "What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

God loves us even more in death than He does in life. Our lives on Earth last only for a season, but eternal life is forever. Christ died to deliver our souls from death. He came to free us from these “bodies of death” which hold us captive. This is why death, one of the things we dread most, is precious in the sight of the Lord. Heaven rejoices when the penned up souls of God’s saints are set free to come home to Him. Here on Earth, we mourn, but in heaven, there are no tears… only celebration. Death is a portal. Jesus is at the door, and He holds the key to eternal life in His nail pierced hands. Only those who know the Lord, and who are known by Him, can enter through that door. Do you know Jesus? Have your eyes been opened? Have your feet been delivered from stumbling? Has your soul been delivered from death? Will your death be precious in God’s sight? Trust in Jesus! -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment