Search This Blog

Saturday, April 8, 2017

The Peace of God

April 8

(Psalms 23:1-3 NIV) "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. {2} He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, {3} he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

(John 14:27 NIV) "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

(Philippians 4:7 NIV) "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

In these days, “chaos reigns” is more than just a trendy expression -- it is a way of life. For many it is an addiction, as they need a daily dose of it in order to feel “normal”. Stop it! Chill out before you burnout. Cool your jets before you go down in flames. Slow down, calm down, pipe down and turn it down, before it shuts you down. Take control of your schedule. Allow the God of peace to speak order into your chaotic life. The truth is, chaos sucks. It is not of God. So why not follow the Shepherd home. Lie down in His green pastures for a while. Find rest beside His quiet waters. Allow the Counselor to soothe your frantic heart. Settle into the arms of Jesus like an easy chair. Let the Comforter wrap you up in His warm blanket. God brought you here to this page today. Maybe it’s time to take the hint. The Lord says, "My peace I give you." It’s a peace that passes all understanding. Why not take it? -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment