Search This Blog

Thursday, June 29, 2017

God the FINDER

June 29

(Genesis 3:8-9 NIV) "Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. {9} But the Lord God called to the man, "Where are you?""

(Ezekiel 34:16 NIV) "I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice."

(Luke 19:10 NIV) "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.""

(Romans 10:20 NIV) "And Isaiah boldly says, "I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me.""

Long before the term “I found God” was ever coined, God the Finder came looking for us. When Adam and Eve hid from God in the Garden, He spoke “Finder” words to them. “Where are you?” He asked. When God came to Earth, incarnate in Christ, He came “to seek and to save what was lost”. Jesus is The Finder. We don’t have to be perfect to be found by God -- we just have to realize we are lost, and decide to stop hiding. God knows where we are, and where we’ve been. He knows what we are. It is the very nature of our "lostness" that causes Him to come looking for us. God’s mercy, love, and grace compel Him to be the Finder. That's why Jesus hung with the harlots, the helpless, and the hopeless before he was hung with thieves on a cross. He loves us! God the Finder is seeking you. Will you choose to be found? -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment