Search This Blog

Friday, June 30, 2017

God the INVITER

June 30

(Matthew 14:28-29 NIV) ""Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." {29} "Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.""

(Matthew 4:19 NIV)  ""Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men.""

(Matthew 11:28 NIV) "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

(Matthew 22:8-10 NIV) "Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. {9} Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.' {10} So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests."

(Isaiah 55:3 NIV) "Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David."

One of the Lord’s great attributes is that He is an Inviter. You could call God “The Great Inviter”. Scripture is loaded with “come to me” language. It's not that God needs our company, because God has no "needs". This life changing invitation is for our benefit. God invited Peter to step out of the boat and do the impossible. Peter had the courage to say yes, and it was a life changing experience. God still invites us to step out of our boats and onto his water. Anyone can walk on dry ground. Where’s the glory for God in that? But when we answer God’s invitation and step out onto the water, God receives glory, and we receive great blessing. God the Inviter calls on us to leave our comfort zones and risk it all for Him. Will you step out in faith and attempt the impossible for God’s glory, or will you squander your life sitting in the confines of your little boat? -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment