Search This Blog

Friday, October 6, 2017

Isaiah: God Knows, Come Home

October 6

(Isaiah 40:27-28 NIV)  "Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God"? {28} Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."

(Luke 15:17-24 NIV)  ""When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! {18} I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. {19} I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.' {20} So he got up and went to his father. "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. {21} "The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.' {22} "But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. {23} Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. {24} For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate."

In Isaiah’s day people were saying, “Where is God? Doesn’t He know what’s happening to us? He must not be watching over us like He promised. Why did this happen?” Sound familiar? Many today are saying exactly the same thing. But God knew then, and He knows now. Actually, God knows a lot more than we would like Him to know. God knows where you are and how long you’ve been there. Worse yet, God knows how you got there, and why you’re still there. He knows! And in our spirit, we know too. We know He warned us time and time again not to play in the street. But we made it our personal playground, and life ran us over. Sin did a hit and run on us. And so we need to stop acting like God is the stupid one. He was not negligent -- He gave us instructions. We just didn’t listen and were disobedient. God knows, and He still loves you. So come on home. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment