Search This Blog

Monday, October 9, 2017

Jeremiah: A Plan for Us

October 9

(Jeremiah 29:11-14 NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. {12} Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. {13} You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. {14} I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.""

God has a plan for our lives. That plan was in place before we were born. Part of God’s plan is that we are free to choose whether or not to follow His plan. When our choices ignore God’s ways, it’s really easy to get lost in life. God gives good directions, but we don’t always read or follow His map. We keep taking all these unnecessary detours. It’s like we prefer the dusty back roads over God’s highway. That’s why so many of us are habitually late in getting home. Ironically, when that road gets bumpy and we end up lost, we often complain. We wonder out loud why God didn’t make our road smoother. But our choices, not God’s, took us down that road to nowhere. Life is more about choices than accidents -- it’s about the roads we choose to travel on. God has a plan for you… a plan to prosper you, not harm you. Where will you get a better offer than that? Follow the map! -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment