Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

More Trouble than Hair

May 1

(Psalm 40:11-17 NIV) ““Do not withhold your mercy from me, Lord; may your love and faithfulness always protect me. {12} For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me. {13} Be pleased to save me, Lord; come quickly, Lord, to help me. {14} May all who want to take my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace. {15} May those who say to me, “Aha! Aha!” be appalled at their own shame. {16} But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, “The Lord is great!” {17} But as for me, I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; you are my God, do not delay.””

There are times in life when our troubles seem to outnumber the hairs on our head. They surround us and attack us. Our sins hunt us down and we are overwhelmed. Our heart gives out. Our head goes down in surrender. These are the days when we have no place left to go, except to God. We have no place left to hide, except in the Lord. We have no one else to help us, except Jesus. When we are being overrun by the Enemy, only Christ can provide air support. Only He can conquer our foes. So we cry out to our Helper: “Mayday, mayday! God of mercy, come quickly. You are loving and faithful. You are great and powerful. I am destitute and sit in darkness. Think of me. Bring me light. Give me hope. Help me. Protect me. Deliver me. Save me. Come quickly. Do not delay.” This is the heartfelt prayer of a desperate soul. It is also the first step toward genuine salvation. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment