Search This Blog

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Panting for God

May 4

(Psalms 42:1-4 NIV) ““As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. {2} My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? {3} My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, "Where is your God?" {4} These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng.””

(Matthew 11:28 NIV) “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”

(Revelation 22:17 NIV) ““The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.””  

David reached a point in his life where his soul was thirsty for God. He had pursued God to the point of panting. He was gasping for the breath of God’s Holy Spirit. We do not know what had separated him from God, but does the “what” really matter? He was at the point of living on memories and tears. Those around David saw his plight and wondered aloud if God had abandoned him. While he had once walked with God in joy and thanksgiving, he now stumbled and struggled in the desert of despair. Are you painfully aware of where that desert is? Are you there now? Jesus calls us to come to his side. When we are tired and troubled He can give us rest. If you are panting, if you are thirsty, if you are weary -- come to Him. He has living water and it is free. He already paid for it. Come to Him. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment