Search This Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Finding Our Niche

September 10

(Acts 18:6-8 NIV) “From now on I will go to the Gentiles. {7} Then Paul left the synagogue and went next door to the house of Titius Justus, a worshiper of God. {8} Crispus, the synagogue ruler, and his entire household believed in the Lord; and many of the Corinthians who heard him believed and were baptized."

(Isaiah 42:6-7 NIV) “I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, {7} to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.”

(Galatians 3:8-9 NIV) ““The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: "All nations will be blessed through you." {9} So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.””

Paul came to a fork in the road, and decided to target a different audience in Corinth. He would take the gospel predominantly to the Gentiles. He had found his niche. He didn’t leave town or head for a foreign land -- he went next door. God calls a few to take the gospel across the sea, but all of us are called to take it across the street. Most will never take the gospel overseas, but we can take it to our next door neighbor. We won’t be able to look God in the eye and say, “I never had a chance to take the gospel next door.” We can never say, “I was too poor to take the gospel across the street.” You don’t have to be a genius to find your niche. There’s a good chance that your “niche” is your neighborhood. Jesus says to all of us, “Take the gospel over there”, and our “over there” is very likely next door or across the street. Find your niche. You shouldn’t have to look too far. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment