Search This Blog

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Getting a Soul Lift

February 25

(Psalms 25:1-3 NIV) “To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; {2} in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. {3} No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.”

(Ezekiel 43:4-5 NIV) “The glory of the Lord entered the temple through the gate facing east. {5} Then the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court, and the glory of the Lord filled the temple.”

In almost every Christian’s life, there are days and weeks - sometimes even months and years, when it feels like everything you’ve done has been done for nothing. Looking at it from this side if eternity, our lives can many times appear to add up to big fat zero. During these times, we can get really down on ourselves, on life, and on God. And if we’re not careful, we can see so much more negative than positive that we give up and quit. These are the times in life when we need a soul lift. We need to lift our soul to God, and we need God to lift our soul from the pit of despair and discouragement. With all the cosmetic surgery available today to lift this and lift that, maybe we ought to consider going to see the great physician for a soul lift - the sooner, the better. Why not today? Ask God to give you a soul lift. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment