Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2024

Problems, Problems, Problems

February 26

(Psalm 25:15-22 NIV) “My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare. {16} Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. {17} The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish. {18} Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins. {19} See how my enemies have increased and how fiercely they hate me! {20} Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. {21} May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you. {22} Redeem Israel, O God, from all their troubles!”

(John 16:33 NIV) "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Even great people in the bible had problems. Jesus promised that in this world we would have trouble. We get caught in the hidden snares of life. Addictions, greed, envy, anger, bitterness, temptations, grief, relationships, depression… all kinds of things can snare us and keep us from being free. Loneliness can kill our soul even as we are surrounded by people. Afflictions, sickness and disease often come in bunches as life piles on us. Our hearts can become deeply troubled. Problems multiply like cancer cells, overwhelming our ability to fight them off. We end up living in anguish and distress; pain that cannot be cured by medication. Enemies can rise up out of nowhere. They increase in number and strength until our defenses give way. If any of this applies to you today, cry out to God for protection and rescue. Only Jesus can save us. Take refuge in Him. Put your hope in the Lord. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day  

No comments:

Post a Comment