Search This Blog

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Never God Forsaken

April 21

(Psalm 38:21-22 NIV) “O Lord, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God.”

(Hebrews 13:5-6 NIV) ““God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." {6} So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?””

(John 14:8) “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.”

When all the humans in our life have given up on us… when the world has turned its back… there is only one place left to turn. David cries out to God, “Don’t abandon me; stay with me.” And God says, “I am with you.” David still had his problems. He still had to deal with his sin here on earth. But he had someone who would walk with him through the valley of the shadow. As Christians, we have the assurance that Jesus will never leave us or forsake us. We may abandon him, but he will not abandon us. We often try every alternative but the one prescribed for us by the Great Physician. We grope around in the dark for answers, when the Answer is right in front of our face. In fact, He lives in us. Jesus is the Answer. Jesus is the Light. When all of your earthly streams run dry, remember Christ’s promise: "I will never leave you; I will never forsake you." -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment