Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Time to Speak

April 24

(Psalm 39:2 NIV) “But when I was silent and still, not even saying anything good, my anguish increased. {3} My heart grew hot within me, and as I meditated, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue:”

(Ephesians 4:15 NIV) “Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.”

There is a time for godly silence and then there is a time when holding our tongue would be a sin. There is a time to be still and there is a time to speak up and speak out. Sometimes, truth has to be spoken, because not speaking the truth would be spiritual negligence. But what is spoken must be the truth. Too many personal opinions get passed off as truth these days. Lies are lifted up as truth and prefaced with a sincere, “I swear to God”. Along with being the truth, our words must be spoken in love. Words spoken to hurt and curse are not of God, even if they are the truth. The motive of our heart when speaking makes all the difference to God. So pray for wisdom and courage. Pray for wisdom to know when to speak and when to remain silent, and wisdom to choose words wisely. Pray for the courage to speak up when love requires it and then, speak the truth in love. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day  

No comments:

Post a Comment