Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2024

God is Sovereign

June 30

(Psalms 75:1-10 NIV) "We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds. {2} You say, "I choose the appointed time; it is I who judge uprightly. {3} When the earth and all its people quake, it is I who hold its pillars firm. {4} To the arrogant I say, 'Boast no more,' and to the wicked, 'Do not lift up your horns. {5} Do not lift your horns against heaven; do not speak with outstretched neck.'" {6} No one from the east or the west or from the desert can exalt a man. {7} But it is God who judges: He brings one down, he exalts another. {8} In the hand of the Lord is a cup full of foaming wine mixed with spices; he pours it out, and all the wicked of the earth drink it down to its very dregs. {9} As for me, I will declare this forever; I will sing praise to the God of Jacob. {10} I will cut off the horns of all the wicked, but the horns of the righteous will be lifted up."

(Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV) ““For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. {12} Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. {13} You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.””

God is sovereign. When the Lord says, “It’s time”, things happen. And His timing is perfect. His appointments never get missed. He calls us forth and we are born. He places a call on our life and we follow. And when our days have run their course, He calls us home and our spirit departs this Earth. While we are here, God is near us, guiding us and directing us. He has a plan for our life. When we get shaky and weak in the knees, the Lord holds us up. He is sovereign. He is taking history somewhere, and He is taking us somewhere. He exalts some and raises them up. He brings others down. He blesses the humble and humbles the arrogant. God is the Judge. It’s His creation. It’s His time. It’s His plan. When you seek His will, you will find it. When you seek Him, He will be found by you. Sing His praises today. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day  

No comments:

Post a Comment