Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2024

Sky High Righteousness

June 24

(Psalm 71:19-24 NIV) “Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God, you who have done great things. Who, O God, is like you? {20} Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. {21} You will increase my honor and comfort me once again. {22} I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel. {23} My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you-- I, whom you have redeemed. {24} My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long, for those who wanted to harm me have been put to shame and confusion.”

(Isaiah 5:15-16 NIV) “… man will be brought low and mankind humbled, the eyes of the arrogant humbled. But the Lord Almighty will be exalted by his justice, and the holy God will show himself holy by his righteousness.”

(Isaiah 6:3 NIV) “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.”

God’s love is deep and wide, but His righteousness is “sky high”. There is no other god like the God of Scripture. Holy, holy, holy is our Lord God Almighty! We may endure bitter hardship; we may be brought low and humbled by our own sin, but our righteous God will lift us up and restore us. His love is not only holy, it is eternally faithful. This is why we sing His praises with all our hearts. This is why we shout for joy to the Holy One. This is why we constantly witness to God’s love and righteousness. Our holy God is coming. The righteous One will return with His angels to judge the earth. We who have been made righteous by the blood of the Lamb will rise up to meet Him and the whole Earth will be full of His glory. Worship the Lord today. Praise Him for His “sky high righteousness”! -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day  

No comments:

Post a Comment