Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

One Rock Higher

June 5

(Psalm 61:1-2 NIV) "Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. {2} From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”

(Psalm 40:2 NIV) “He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.”

(Isaiah 55:9 NIV) "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

When we come to Jesus, God lifts us out of the slop hole of sin. He lifts us up and plants our feet on a rock that is higher than we were before. But that’s not the end of it. The Lord calls us higher. He calls on us to climb the mountain of God. His ways are always higher. Our walk with God is always upward. The only way we can reach the top of God’s mountain is to put one foot in front of the other. If we focus on the top of the mountain, our daily climb can be discouraging. We cannot get from here to there quickly. But if we just look for the next rock that is higher than where we are now, we can ascend the mountain one rock at a time, one day at a time. One step at a time, we make the climb. And before we know it, a life has been lived, and we are standing at the top with Jesus. One rock higher today, Lord… one rock higher. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment