Search This Blog

Sunday, June 9, 2024

Thirsty Souls

June 9

(Psalms 63:1 NIV) "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.”

(Jeremiah 29:11-14 NIV) “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. {12} Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. {13} You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. {14} I will be found by you," declares the Lord…”

(John 4:9-15 NIV) “The Samaritan woman said to him, "You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?" (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.) {10} Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water." {11} "Sir," the woman said, "you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? {12} Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his flocks and herds?" {13} Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, {14} but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." {15} The woman said to him, "Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.””

David was in the desert of Judah. It was a dry and weary land and he was hot and thirsty. In this moment of stress, his thoughts turned toward God, who provides us with living water. Thirst can be more than just physical. We can suffer from a deep spiritual thirst. Our souls can become that “dry and weary land where there is no water”. When we thirst spiritually, when we get desperately thirsty, we will seek a source of water, for without it, we will perish. And when we seek earnestly we will find it, for God promises that when we seek Him with all our heart, he will be found by us. He will lead us to streams of living water and we will thirst no more. Is your soul thirsty? Does your body long for a cool drink of living water? Tell the Lord today. He will provide your needs. He has the lasting solution for thirsty souls. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day  

No comments:

Post a Comment