Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2024

We Are His People

August 16

(Psalm 100:1-5 NIV) "Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. {2} Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. {3} Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. {4} Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. {5} For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."

(Psalm 23:1-6 NIV) “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. {2} He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, {3} he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. {4} Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me {5} You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. {6} Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”

When we decide to believe God, rather than just believing in God, we become His people. God loves all the people of the world, but when we put our faith in Him and follow Him, we become part of His family. Our soul comes under His protection. We become “the sheep of His pasture”. He will feed us and care for us and protect us. He will lead us to places where water is sweet and still. God is good and His faithfulness endures forever. His love will last for all of life. Do you know this? Do you really KNOW this? Do you truly know the Lord? If you do, you will gladly worship God. You will sing and shout with joy in your hearts. You will come into His presence with thankfulness. You will come near to Him with praise in your heart. Worship will become more than just a formal routine. It will become personal. We are His. He made us and He loves us. Love Him back. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment