Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2024

Laid Low in the Dust

October 7

(Psalm 119:25-28 NIV) “I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word. {26} I recounted my ways and you answered me; teach me your decrees. {27} Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then I will meditate on your wonders. {28} My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.”

(Job 42:1-6 NIV) “Then Job replied to the Lord: {2} "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted. {3} You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?' Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. {4} "You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.' {5} My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. {6} Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.””

(Ecclesiastes 12:6-7 NIV) “Remember him--before the silver cord is severed, or the golden bowl is broken; before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, or the wheel broken at the well, {7} and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.”

Sometimes we must be “laid low in the dust” before we will ever turn over and look up to God. Sometimes we must eat dust before we will ever value the living water that Jesus offers. Sometimes we must remember where we came from before we can know where we are headed. We came from dust; to dust we will return. Sometimes we must grow to despise ourselves before we can grow to love God. Sometimes we must writhe around in the dust of repentance before God will lift us to victory on His wings. Sometimes our souls must become weak and weary with sorrow before we can know the strength and joy of the Lord. Remember the Lord today, before you end up in the dust and are consumed by it. May your weary soul find rest in Christ. May your heart full of sorrow be comforted by God’s peace. May your spirit rise up from the dust. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment