Search This Blog

Friday, October 11, 2024

Unfailing Love

October 11

(Psalm 119:40-42 NIV) “How I long for your precepts! Preserve my life in your righteousness. {41} May your unfailing love come to me, O Lord, your salvation according to your promise; {42} then I will answer the one who taunts me, for I trust in your word.”

(Psalm 13:3-6 NIV) “Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death; {4} my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall. {5} But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. {6} I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.”

Do you long for the precepts of the Lord? Do you fully trust in the word of God? Do you truly love the Lord? God’s love for us is unfailing, but in our humanity, we often fail to love God back with the same intensity. We are overcome by the little gods of our life; our addictions, our fears, our desires, our emotional baggage. They taunt us and we feel like we have no place to hide. We wrestle with shame and guilt, and we are beaten down. The flame of love flickers and goes out. But God’s love never fails. He reaches out to us over and over again. His unfailing love comes to us in the gift of His Son. His promised salvation comes to us through Christ’s death on the cross. The Lord has proven His unfailing love for us. Perhaps it is time for us to rekindle our love for Him and light the fire again. Give up your little gods. Give Him your guilt and shame. Give Him your life. Trust in His unfailing love. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment