Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Cursed by Man - Blessed by God

September 10

(Psalm 109:21-31 NIV) “But you, O Sovereign Lord, deal well with me for your name's sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me. {22} For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me. {23} I fade away like an evening shadow; I am shaken off like a locust. {24} My knees give way from fasting; my body is thin and gaunt. {25} I am an object of scorn to my accusers; when they see me, they shake their heads. {26} Help me, O Lord my God; save me in accordance with your love. {27} Let them know that it is your hand, that you, O Lord, have done it. {28} They may curse, but you will bless; when they attack they will be put to shame, but your servant will rejoice. {29} My accusers will be clothed with disgrace and wrapped in shame as in a cloak. {30} With my mouth I will greatly extol the Lord; in the great throng I will praise him. {31} For he stands at the right hand of the needy one, to save his life from those who condemn him.”

(Matthew 18:12-14 NIV) "What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? {13} And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. {14} In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost."

(Ephesians 1:11-14 NIV)  "In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, {12} in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. {13} And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, {14} who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory."

God’s word says the faithful will be saved and delivered. The Lord has chosen us and put His mark upon us. We are blessed to belong to Him. However, we live in a world that despises God and curses God’s people. So in this world we will have trouble. We can find ourselves wounded, needy, and poor. We become like faded pictures. We endure scorn and ridicule and many times we lose hope. We have no stamina. But God is with us. His mark will never fade away. God knows those who are His and He will not forsake us. He will come for us. He will stand up for us. He will stand with us. We will not perish. Our accusers will be shamed and brought low, but we will enjoy our inheritance as we worship the Lord with songs of joy. Praise Him today. Give God the glory that is due Him. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day    

No comments:

Post a Comment