Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

What Can Man Do to Me

September 25

(Psalm 118:1-7 NIV)  "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. {2} Let Israel say: "His love endures forever." {3} Let the house of Aaron say: "His love endures forever." {4} Let those who fear the Lord say: "His love endures forever." {5} In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free. {6} The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? {7} The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies.

(John 8:35-36 NIV) “Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. {36} So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”

(Hebrews 13:5-6 NIV) “Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." {6} So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?””

There is a boldness that comes over believers when they realize that their relationship to God is primary and every other relationship is secondary. When we believe that only God’s love endures forever, this world loses its value in comparison with eternity. We no longer fear what man can do to us. When we have been set free by Jesus, nothing can ever hold us in bondage again, and that includes the fear of death. We are free indeed! We have died to ourselves and have come alive in Christ. We trust God with our very lives. What can man do to us that cannot bring glory to God if we remain faithful? Life is hard, but it is temporary. Our eternal reward awaits us and it cannot be taken from us by any action of man. Do you believe this? Celebrate this great truth today. Be bold in your witness. The Lord is with you! -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day   

No comments:

Post a Comment