Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2024

Everything Here is Temporary

March 7

(Psalms 30:1-5 NIV) “I will exalt you, O Lord, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. {2} O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. {3} O Lord, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit. {4} Sing to the Lord, you saints of his; praise his holy name. {5} For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.”

(1 Timothy 1:12-16 NIV) “I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. {13} Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. {14} The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. {15} Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst. {16} But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.”

One of the problems we have in this world is that everything is temporary. Nothing seems to last. We just get things fixed up and they fall apart and break down again. But it is also true that one of our greatest blessings in this world is that everything is temporary. Nothing lasts forever here and that includes trials and troubles. David had been to the pit of despair, but it was temporary. God lifted him up. He had been in great need, but God had spared him. He had been near death, but God had healed him. He had been on the wrong side of God and knew God’s anger; but he was forgiven, and once again enjoyed God’s favor. Whatever you are going through right now, remember you are going THROUGH it. That means it has an end. Weeping and pain will not last forever. Joy will come again. Everything here is temporary. Hang on to this great truth. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment