Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2024

Who is God to You?

March 1

(Psalm 27:1-5 NIV) “The Lord is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid? {2} When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. {3} Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident. {4} One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. {5} For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.

(Isaiah 12:1-6 NIV) “In that day you will say: "I will praise you, O Lord. Although you were angry with me, your anger has turned away and you have comforted me. {2} Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." {3} With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. {4} In that day you will say: "Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted. {5} Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world. {6} Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you."

““Who is God to you?” David had an answer and he wasn’t afraid to declare it. He wrote that God was his light. The idea that “God is light” is found throughout Scripture, but this is more personal. He says, “God is MY light.” He also says, “God is my salvation.” This is what salvages his life. David knows that he is made from dust and to dust he will return. He prays he may live with God all his days here on Earth, and then, when death comes, that his soul may live with God for eternity. God is David’s “stronghold”, his place of safety and security. God is his impregnable fortress, a place where no one can do lasting harm to him. This is not some manmade structure or human idea. This is the essence of trust and faith. David knew who God was to him and adjusted his life accordingly. Who is God to you? Your answer will make a difference in how you live and die. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment