Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2024

God Changes Things

March 2

(Psalm 27:6-14 NIV) “Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord. {7} Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. {8} My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek. {9}Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior. {10} Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me. {11} Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors. {12} Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, breathing out violence. {13} I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. {14} Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”

(1 Samuel 10:6 NIV) "The Spirit of the Lord will come upon you in power, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person."

A God who does not change us, is no God at all. If Christ does not change your life, He is not really Lord of your life. Genuine faith always changes people. God opens our mouth to praise Him and sing to Him. When we believe God hears us, we begin to hear Him. We seek God’s face. We want to know what He looks like, so we can look like Him. We learn His way and walk in His way. Christianity becomes a way of life, instead of just a set of beliefs. We become followers as well as believers. We wait for the Lord. We trust His timing. God is not on our schedule, we are on His. God does not wait on us, as if we were ordering in a restaurant -- we wait on Him. As you wait, take heart and resist being discouraged. God is more about changing us than changing our circumstances. Waiting on God does not tear us down -- it builds us up and we end up stronger. Let God change you! -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment