Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2024

My Times Are In Your Hands

March 11

(Psalm 31:14-15 NIV) “But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." {15} My times are in your hands.”

(Psalm 139:13-16 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. {14} I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. {15} My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, {16} your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”

At the beginning of Psalm 31, David made a Statement of Faith based on past experience with God. Now he makes a Statement of Faith based in the present. David puts his life, his “times”, into God’s hands. He gives his today to the Lord. God knows all his days -- the days of his birth, life, and death. Our times really are in God’s hands. No one controls time except God. Life cannot be controlled; it can only be lived. We cannot control tomorrow; we can only live in the now. This is the essence of the great Twelve Step mantra: “one day at a time”. Can you say to God with integrity, “My times are in your hands”? Or are you still under the illusion that you are in charge of time? Have you given your past to Jesus, or does it still run your life? Will you give Him your today and surrender your anxiety about tomorrow? God has been our refuge in the past. Put your times in God’s hands today. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment