Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Two Step Plan

March 14

(Psalms 32:1-7 NIV) “Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. {2} Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit. {3} When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. {4} For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. {5} Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord” - and you forgave the guilt of my sin. {6} Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you while you may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him. {7} You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

(Romans 10:9 NIV) “… if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

Even in the Old Testament, before Jesus came to Earth; before the Gospels and the Epistles were written; David knew God’s simple plan of salvation. God does not change, so the plan has not changed. The steps to salvation were in place before the Garden fall. The first step is to acknowledge and confess our sin. This is crucial. Our sins have been paid for, but we must recognize those sins before we can accept God’s payment. The second step is faith in Christ. Everyone needs a Savior, but not everyone chooses the right one. Who we place our faith in is important. We need the right hiding place. These two steps lead to blessing and salvation from God. The blessing comes when we stop hiding from God and start hiding in God. When our sins are covered, forgiven, and not counted against us, we are truly blessed. Are you blessed today? -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment