Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2024

One After God’s Own Heart

March 3

(Psalm 28:1-2, 6-9 NIV) “To you I call, O Lord my Rock; do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who have gone down to the pit. {2} Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place… {6} Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. {7} The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. {8} The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. {9} Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever.”

One of David’s strengths was recognizing his constant need for God’s help and God’s covering. This is seen as weakness by some, but in God’s eyes, it’s a highly desirable trait. He talked to God when he was glad, sad, fearful, joyful, successful, and defeated. Do you? David wasn’t perfect, but he consistently put God ahead of himself. Do you? He knew it was God’s word that kept him from sliding down into the pit. Do you? He often cried out for mercy as he lifted his hands in worship. Do you? David saw God as his strength and shield. Do you? David had a grateful heart and often thanked God in joyful song. Do you? He saw God as his Shepherd and eternal Carrier. Do you? David knew for sure that he had an inheritance from the Lord. Do you? David trusted God as his fortress of salvation. Have you? This is what it means to be a person of faith -- one after God’s own heart. -- Friar Tuck’s Word of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment